In this tough economic climate it’s important to strive to be your best at your job. There are layoffs all around and we must all aim to please both our clients and our company superiors.
One quick way to do this is impress your co-workers with a skilled series of dares. We have devised the following point system to help you succeed at office dares. Try these out in whatever order you think works best.
- Ignore the first five people who say ‘good morning’ to you.
- To signal the end of a conversation, clamp your hands over your ears and grimace.
- Leave your fly open for one hour. If anyone points it out, say, “Sorry, I really prefer it this way”.
- Walk sideways to the photocopier.
- While going in an elevator, gasp dramatically each time the doors open.
- When in elevator with one other person, tap them on the shoulder and pretend it wasn’t you.
- Finish all your sentences with “In accordance with the prophecy…”
- Don’t use any punctuation.
- Interrupt your conversation with someone by giving a huge dejected sigh.
- Use your highlighter pen on the computer screen.
- Say to your boss, “I like your style”, wink, and shoot him with double-barrelled fingers.
- Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink directly from the nozzle.
- Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
- Every time you get an email, shout ”email”.
- Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has got over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
- Keep hole punching your finger. Each time you do, shout, “dagnamit, it’s happened again!”. Then do it again.
- Introduce yourself to a new colleague as “the office bicycle”. Then wink and pout.
- Call I.T. help desk and tell them that you can’t seem to access any pornography web sites.
- At the end of a meeting, suggest that, for once, it would be nice to conclude with the singing of the national anthem (extra points if you actually launch into it yourself).
- Walk into a very busy person’s office and while they watch you with growing irritation, turn the light switch on/off 10 times.
- For an hour, refer to everyone you speak to as “Dave”.
- Announce to everyone in a meeting that you “really have to go do a number two”.
- When you’ve picked up a call, before speaking finish off some fake conversation with the words, ”she can abort it for all I care”.
- After every sentence, say ‘Mon’ in a really bad Jamaican accent. As in: “The report’s on your desk, Mon.” Keep this up for one hour.
- In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your forehead repeatedly and mutter, “Shut up, damn it, all of you just shut up!”
- At lunchtime, get down on your knees and announce, “As God is my witness, I’ll never go hungry again!”
- Repeat the following conversation 10 times to the same person: “Do you hear that?” “What?” “Never mind, it’s gone now.”
- Present meeting attendees with a cup of coffee and biscuit; smash each biscuit with your fist.
- During the course of a meeting, slowly edge your chair towards the door.
- As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
- Ask people were they’re from. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
- Sign or p.p. all letters with your initials and a stick man dancing on a stripper pole.
- Dry hump the photocopier. When someone spots you, stop and cough embarrassingly, then lean in to the machine and whisper loudly, “I’ll see you tonight”.
In the world of mundane office routines and never-ending meetings, sometimes we all need a little break from the monotony. But let’s be crystal clear from the outset: Office dares are all in good fun and should never, under any circumstances, jeopardize your professional reputation or job security. The ultimate goal is to generate laughter, camaraderie, and a sense of shared amusement among your co-workers, not to land yourself in hot water with HR. This article is satire, you’ll need to figure out your own comfort level because this list will surely get you fired!